36 gal bow face fowlr first time ever what do i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clowns and a snail maybe today. And maybe a star fish?

I don't know much about star fish, I would research thoroughly before purchasing one. If you amm is zero you should be seeing 0 nitrite (also dangerous in small amounts) and high nitrates. If so, do a water change and add a clown. What are all you readings? Just checking because if you rush into purchasing livestock it will only lead to sick fish and wasted money...

Yesterday all readings were 0 except lik.22ppm ammonia

Then your cycle is still in its early stages. Have a read up on the nitrogen cycle. Ammonia is converted to nitrites which then becomes nitrates. If you have no nitrates your cycle is just starting...

Then your cycle is still in its early stages. Have a read up on the nitrogen cycle. Ammonia is converted to nitrites which then becomes nitrates. If you have no nitrates your cycle is just starting...

Did a test again today I'm at 0 ammonia .23ppm nitrite and and about a 30 ppm on nitrate on my test kit the nitrite is just a little shade more than 0 it's barley the color for the .23ppm am I doing alright? I have one circulation pump in there should I add another? Or would that be to much flow

lol i love the excitement.......relax got a little ways to go i know its hard but soooooo worth the wait if you want clowns research them as each specimen is different (i love the sebae)
and go from there and watch your levels closely as the smaller the tank the harder hope this helps good luck

lol i love the excitement.......relax got a little ways to go i know its hard but soooooo worth the wait if you want clowns research them as each specimen is different (i love the sebae)
and go from there and watch your levels closely as the smaller the tank the harder hope this helps good luck

I know it's a patience game lol. I'm taking my time as for the circulation pump in my tank should I have another I see lots if set up with 2 power heads moving the water

If the highest ammonia spike you got was 0.25, then you've had a light cycle. An ammo spike of at least 4ppm is a good strong cycle. You'll need to be very careful and add one small fish to start, and check your parameters every day and do PWC if ammo or Trites spike up to 0.25 ppm or higher. With a cycle that light, I would wait at least 2 weeks after adding first (small) fish before adding anything else. Good luck with your new tank!! :)

I'm new to this and all but I think my pentameter are turning out like this because of the live sand I used. Says can add fish right away no more than 1" long per 5 gal tho and the live rock that I put in has been cycled for over a year now. Does this have anything to do with why my water is doing well? I think it's establishing a bio filter pretty fast cause of that

Back
Top Bottom