40G breeder stocking help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_Hooligan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum but not so new to this awesome saltwater hobby. I recently transferred everything I had in my 46 gallon to my new 40 gallon breeder. Tank has been running for about a year and when I bought the tank it was running for about 2 years before that. I have about 70-80 pounds of live rock, aqua clear 70 filter, eshopps psk 100 HOB skimmer, and two koralia power heads. As for fish I have a snow flake clown, pajama cardinal, and a tomini tang. What else should I put in my tank?! Any ideas? And the tomini will be having a new home when it gets to big

School of chromis, any dwarf angel, royal gramma Bassett, cardinals, hawk fish, smaller wrasses. Anything sound good?

What do you think of this stocking list:

Tomini tang
2 clowns
Red head Solon fairy wrasse
Midas blenny

And maybe one more fish?

I think that's good + one of the fish I listed. Check aqadvisor just in case.

People say not to trust that website, I don't know if that's true or not but if I had to choose I was thinking another wrasse but I'm not sure if you can have two in the same tank. And a basslet with a Midas blenny I herd they fight so that leaves me with what? Lol I guess I can keep my pajama cardinal

Ya. I would go with a dwarf angel. Check out liveaquaria for some suggestions.

Try that on aqadvisor. It might fight with it but you said you would be moving it.

Back
Top Bottom