55 gallon FOWLR startup =)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I may rethink using the reef saver rock... I think I'm leaning more toward dry Fiji and pukani. I read a lot of reviews about the sand being "milky" at first, but it's a no-rinse sand so I expected that. I wanted sand over a more coarse sediment, so I'm fine with that.

Good luck with getting all of those tasks done while caring for your husband! That cruise to Alaska sure sounds awesome.... I'm jelly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Reef saver is easy to work with, Figi is also somewhat heavy, and as I said before, will not break up easily. It comes in mostly what I call boulders, with some rubble included. Boy, I'm a big help, huh? Even though the sand blows around, I still love it. It will be perfect for the jawfish as it is soft and has pieces of shell in it for building burrows. I relooked at jawfish for mine and the 40 lbs is not deep enough. I am disappointed as I had one on my bucket list.:(

Not yet! Lol I decided I want to paint my bathroom (where I'm setting it up) before I get it up and running. I don't want to have to paint around it! So I'm holding off for a bit. I still have to resurface the stand as well, so I'm holding off for a bit. I'll order my life rock as soon as I finish those projects.

Wow, department of redundancy department Haha

Live rock* jeeze lol

Hey! It's coming along FINALLY ? bathroom has been painted, I just re-siliconed the tank and resurfaced the stand with adhesive wallpaper. I ended up not having enough for the trim on the tank, so I'm going to spray it silver to match the hardware (hence the tape lol)

Maybe I'll get this thing cycled and up and running in my lifetime after all haha

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426537178.257654.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426537205.719379.jpg

Looks good! It can be a long process to get it done the way you want it. Mine's been up 2 1/2 months and I just put the first fish in it 3 days ago. Woke up yesterday to a full blown case of diatoms. Lovely rust color. No problem. Doesn't bother the fish. Doesn't bother me. Just part of the process. Good luck with the rest of yours, and keep us posted! :flowers:

Thinking about re-resurfacing the stand. I'm not really liking the color so much anymore...

I'm going to give my opinion, which I hope is OK. If the stand is where it is placed in the picture, it's sort of washed out. Having a lot of color in the tank will help, but the stand is sort of blending in. I agree with your idea of resurfacing, if you decide that.

EXACTLY! I'm removing the contact paper, it's way too light in color. The boyfriend agrees, we need to change it. "Washed out" is exactly right. Thanks for your opinion!

Back
Top Bottom