60g w/ sump build, NEW! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's an interesting story. My wife does things like that. Gotta love em'! We have a nano-28 reef with two clowns, a watchmany goby, and a sixline. Thing is packed with lps corals and a CuC. Anyhow, I come home to a bangaii cardinal swimming in there. I'm thinking it's a schooler and the bioload is way to much. He told me if I got rid of him, she wouldent let my get any more corals, ect. Here I am doing water changes every 3 days lol.

Alright Toby. Well I like the Valentini and the Fiji. Need to make up my mind. I pretty much feel the same about both. What would you choose? Since I'm worried about temperament a little. Again it will be the dwarf lion and toby puffer in the 60g w/ 10g sump and fug for a while! Also have a Rena xp3 and 60g rated protein skimmer in the sump.

Readingexcalibur said:
That's an interesting story. My wife does things like that. Gotta love em'! We have a nano-28 reef with two clowns, a watchmany goby, and a sixline. Thing is packed with lps corals and a CuC. Anyhow, I come home to a bangaii cardinal swimming in there. I'm thinking it's a schooler and the bioload is way to much. He told me if I got rid of him, she wouldent let my get any more corals, ect. Here I am doing water changes every 3 days lol.

Alright Toby. Well I like the Valentini and the Fiji. Need to make up my mind. I pretty much feel the same about both. What would you choose? Since I'm worried about temperament a little. Again it will be the dwarf lion and toby puffer in the 60g w/ 10g sump and fug for a while! Also have a Rena xp3 and 60g rated protein skimmer in the sump.

That's not too much bioload :)

Readingexcalibur said:

I don't really know anything about the Fiji, but I would think the Valentini or Saddled puffer would do alright. Not sure about inverts with it but it's probably the same as the lion, in that respect. Mine pretty much floated around and kept to himself, while I had him.
Best of luck, whichever you choose.

PS.- the wife doesn't bring stuff home on a whim anymore. It was a nice gesture, but now she gets it! Toby G.

Flreefer said:
I don't really know anything about the Fiji, but I would think the Valentini or Saddled puffer would do alright. Not sure about inverts with it but it's probably the same as the lion, in that respect. Mine pretty much floated around and kept to himself, while I had him.
Best of luck, whichever you choose.

PS.- the wife doesn't bring stuff home on a whim anymore. It was a nice gesture, but now she gets it! Toby G.

I like the Valentini, the wife likes the Fiji. I'll let you know how Fiji works ok lol.

Update** the lion fish just devoured some glass shrimp. Good to see he has an appetite!

Hey, does this lion not look like an antennata more than a radaita? Just curious. My buddy just mentioned it to me. Wonder if my lfs had the identification wrong. Looking at the circles on the pectoral fins.

What do you guys think about The lion, snowflake, and ?. I am debating between the toby and a dwarf angel. Flreefer said some good about the toby puffer (thanks toby, lol). But now I am thinking about the angel for fear the puffer will nip at the lions fins. Bad pic, but got my baby eel.

Haha awesome! I try very hard...:p

Oh and i would look into anglers if i were you.. Many people have them in tanks by themselves, but i believe it is possible to have it in a tank with your tankmates, but i could be wrong. You would need a bigger angler in a tank like that!

Yeah, the wife wants something swimming around ha. Gotta get her to support the addiction. I do like anglers allot however!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Get the puffer IMO. I dont think i would want a dwarf angel in with a lionfish.

Honestly I think a dwarf angel would be better. Anything that nips the lion once, will take a liking to it because lionfish tastes amazing. My lion died because my trigger bit his fin then tore apart its fins and spikes. A pufferfish may do the same.

Ibrahim said:
Honestly I think a dwarf angel would be better. Anything that nips the lion once, will take a liking to it because lionfish tastes amazing. My lion died because my trigger bit his fin then tore apart its fins and spikes. A pufferfish may do the same.

We are talking about a dwarf aka toby right? Like a Valentini or Fiji?

My lfs has a little angler for 20$. But I feel he is going to make the tank sit still. Ha, the lion hides in the corner, the eel under a rock, and an angler under another rock. Lol, oh my decisions decisions!

Alright, picked up my final fish today. Have another thread about him. But wanted to update my build thread. This is my foxface lo. I had to drip acclimate him for 3 hours because ATMs salinity was 1.014 and mine is 1.025.

Pulled out the protein skimmer in my sump because I can't get the **** thing to work at all. Have given up all hope and in a few weeks I'll buy a better one.

Added cheato to the refug in hopes to take out the 20ppm of Trates that came out of no where. Also mixed some water tonight and have it air rating in order to do a water change tomorrow as well.

Back
Top Bottom