90 gallon start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can always take close up pictures of the stuff and someone might be able to help identify what you have. :)

Are the dimensions for the 110 the same as the 90g pretty much? The stand you currently have is so nice it'd be a shame to waste it! LOL

Is the 110 drilled that you are looking at? Or does it have any gear with it? You could mix and match to get the perfect setup. I just bought a 75g full setup and have moved all the pieces to other tanks and am selling off the remainder. I only bought the 75g setup for the stand for my 90g setup. hehe...going all frankenstein with my tanks!

I think the 110 is longer and not as tall but it is dirlled for the equipment he has. I wanted to use that equipment but i might not even get the tank.

Since you are going fish only you have pretty much anything to choose from. lol

Did you want aggressive fish or "happy" friendly fish? Do you want alot of small fish or a few larger ones?

I'm also on the verge of moving my 90g tank into the house so I am on the same stocking dilemma. lol Although i have been working on my list for months now! I'm going with some wrasses, a butterfly, a pygmy angel and a couple other kinda weird fish. Like a yellow bream, I love that fish!

A great place to start is at Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums to get ideas. i searched many online sites to get a feel for what would be good and then researched each fish to make sure they would be appropriate.

Post some of your ideas and lets see what people think!

I plan on going with the "happy" community feel. I can think of maybe three fish i know i want. Some clowns, probably maroon, A coral beauty or rusty angel, and a tang probably yellow. Depends what the LFS has.

After a majoriry fill and system run, my plumbing system doesnt work properly and leaked. Looks like im being set back some more.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck getting it all sealed up and ready. :) It should just be a few adjustments and you'll be rolling along. lol

I actually got up early today and played around with the system a bit. All is well but i need to try and slow my return down. It pumps out faster than it has water.

Im starting to debate if i want a saltwater tank. Im starting to lean towards a freshwater tank, but i dont know what id do with that either. Oh the woes of being a fish keeper.

Your return from sump ir overflow plumbing?? Which is giving you the problem??

The overflow was a problem but that worked out, now my return from sump is the problem. Its returning water faster then it needs to, and im not sure how to slow it down.

Either buy a pump that your overflow can handle or your going to have to play around with your overflow so it accept the eater from the tank I would call your uncles friend and ask what he did to make it work

Im heading up to the LFS later, i took some pictures of my system im going to see what they say about it as well. The more advice the better.

Well the system may not be perfect but within the boxes of equipment given to me i found a brand new maxi-1200 power head. I think this makes the day a little better.

You can put a ball valve on the return line and throttle back the pump so it pumps back to the tank slower. I have one on my 125g works like a charm. :)

Back
Top Bottom