90 gallon start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper92

Aquarium Advice Freak
After having a bad string of luck recently i got some lucky news and found a guy giving away a 90 gallon and everything with it! FOR FREE! so i've decided to setup a nice saltwater aquarium for the house. Lets hope it goes well.

Planned on it. Guy said he kept a reef system for 16 years, sadly a snow storm knocked out his power for about 5 days and killed off everything.

Really? That killed EVERYTHING? Thats weird..... Ive heard of people who have kept sharks alive for 3 weeks..... IF that happens to you stir the water every hour to make sure it doesnt go stagnant. Or just get a generator.

crister13 said:
Really? That killed EVERYTHING? Thats weird..... Ive heard of people who have kept sharks alive for 3 weeks..... IF that happens to you stir the water every hour to make sure it doesnt go stagnant. Or just get a generator.

Ya but 5 days can do it for sw fish. Arent there some people on here that lost everything after 3? I agree, buy a generator!

Best of luck fishkeeper!!!!

I plan on taking care of this tank like my life depends on it! At the moment my plan is fish and live rock and when i make a little more money hopefully start into corals. What fish i'll have is still a mystery, sadly still waiting a week in order to get the tank.

Two bags of sand and a hydrometer, down $70 already. Luckily i get my tank tomorrow and i cant be anymore excited :D

If you can return the hydrometer, I would. Check out a refractometer on eBay- don't have the link at the moment, but it's like $30 shipped and 100x better than hydrometer.

I could probably return it. Which i might do. I live by my old high school and i think my oceanography teacher has some old refractometers he doesnt use anymore.

I would go to home depot and get 25lb bag of pool filter sand for $5.00. Just rinse it well and it's good to go.

The tank is here :D after long waiting i finally get the tank. The equipment is a little older than i would like but i'll upgrade in the future.

The tank so far. Going to hook up all the plumbing and add some sand later tonight.

Attachments

• image-1855703332.jpg
    image-1855703332.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 92
When do you think you will fill her up and start? What kind of gear came with the setup? I'm just being nosey since I have a 90g setup ready to go but have no room for it so I have to live through everyone else's builds. :-D LOL

I hope to start filling and get her started sometime next month. Being young and only making so much a month is a set back.

I wish i knew what system it is. It was a reef tank at my friends uncles house for 18 years so the equipment is rather old. I found a 110 gallon on CL around the area and might snatch his system or even just use that tank.

Back
Top Bottom