Acclimation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Like to place large orders for marine life. I have two saltwater tanks. Planning on a third sometime in the future. How do you acclimate all of them at the same time if you aren't suppose to place them in together until after you place them in the tank? Thanks.

I set individual bags or containers into a ice chest or old foam fish shipping box. Then a siphon from the tank or sump goes to a airline hose manifold that will accept multiple lines of airline tubing. these usually have a cheap little valve on each output fitting. It allows me to have a drip line in each container.

Well I knew I was hanging onto those containers for some reason. Just didn't know what. Lol. Thanks for the info. That's a great way to do it. After three years of reefkeeping, still have plenty to learn. I'm still a minnow in a big pond. Ha ha.

I use small painters buckets I get from lowes for like $2 each and set up a small army of them along side the tank. LOL

The most I've ever done has been 7 fish and inverts I believe. It was a bit hectic and messy but it was fine in the end.

We cut a gallon on milk in half and have an air tube tied at the end. We then place it in the handle of the jug. It works amazing. When we are introducing more than one we just set up a few of these. Since we have kids in the house we set the jugs on a chair or two so they don't get knocked over and don't need as much tubing. :) good luck!

Back
Top Bottom