Adding Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 135g tank. As you can see I have a lot of skeleton coral and red horns. They have all built up a lot of bb, but I'm thinking of adding a few small pieces of live rock behind the coral. Advice or comments please... Thanks!
image-3704424111.jpg

Attachments

• image-1941821570.jpg
    image-1941821570.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1726995128.jpg
    image-1726995128.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 85
Very nice!I love the colors. I have been told that you do need some lr to help with filtration.It is also helpful because it gives your fish a place to hide.This website gives info on curing lr:Reef Aquarium Care: Live Rock and Live Sand Acclimation and Curing Guide

Opinions seems to differ on how much lr,some say a lbs per gal and some say less because you need to think about the amt of livestock you want.This was advice given to me when I asked the same question for my 36 gal tank:The Todd said: 30lbs of live rock should work for a 36g tank. To cut costs, remember that you can buy a little live rock and then do the rest base rock and it will eventually become "live". Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom