Advice for 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffernut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am setting up a 10 gallon FOWLR and i need some advice for stocking it. I would like a clown fish, 1 cleaner shrimp, and some snails. How many snails should i have and could i have another smaller fish or will it be to crowed. If i could have another fish i would like something with some color.

A couple nassarius snails and two or three others, like I have astrea and trochus snails. Some people suggest ceriths but I've never had them before.

You could add a small goby, court jesters are colorful, but other then that it will harder to handle with the bioload. Make sure you keep up with weekly pwc.

I have two ~1'' tomato clowns (I'm getting another tank in a couple months), one yellow watchman goby, one cleaner shrimp, one emerald crab, 3 blue leg hermits, 3 nassarius snails, two astreas and one trochus, o and a --- long candy cane pistol shrimp. Then corals. I do a ~30% pwc once a week and I have ~25-30lbs of lr.

If you got a mated pair then you should be OK. Your shrimp and snails should be OK.

In my 20 gallon, I have a pair of Ocellaris Clowns w/ bta, sixline wrasse, yellow watchman goby w/ red pistol shrimp, I think 2 margarita snails and 2 trochus snails and one baby trochus and 4 nassarius snails, one spotted ? snail, one cleaner shrimp, and one hitchhiker crab I'm trying to catch ....... then my corals.

I agree with Lance. Do a partial water change once a week (I do 10-20%, roughly). If you have a fairly good filtration system with LR and such, it suffices just fine.

A skimmer would be pointless. I would do partial water changes once a week to keep up or even using a good amount of live rock with live sand will help out with filtration.

yea man get plenty of LR, and throw an Emporer280 on that beast and call it a day.

I wouldn't waste my money on "live" sand, unless it is coming from an established aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom