aging water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
What does one do if they don't have room to store salt mixed water for hours before adding it to the tank. I've been doing PWCs with fresh mixed water but I make sure the parameters meet the tanks params. So far I haven't run into any problems. Can I go on doing this without causing a crash?:confused:

Some suggest that I dont use a heater I just mix and stir a couple times a day. The 24 to 48 hours is to let it mix properly.

Should you airate this also ?? I've been keeping mine in a 6 gallon jug until I need it. Then I match temp and pour. Should I buy an air pump and airstone to keep oxygen levels high ??

24 hours is a pretty conservative number too. When you are in a bind, a good 30 minutes with a strong pump will do the trick.

If you are doing the regular 5-10% water changes, i cant imagine it really being that much of a problem. even of the oxygen levels are really low, they boost quickly and wouldnt effect your total water volume.

Back
Top Bottom