All together in a 72?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Tang 2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 72 bow front aquarium.Wondering if A Saddle puffer,Valentini Puffer,Foxface,Yellow Tang,Kole Yellow Eye Tang could get along in the same tank without promblems?

I have the same tank with a few tangs and 3 dwarf angels which arent supposed to be kept together but mine seem to get along fine. I've also had expierences with fish that are supposed to be compatable with the others and are constantly fighting. go figure

Choose either the valentini or saddle puffer (or chance both) and yellow tang or kole tang. The foxface will get too large imo and you'd be pushing it with both tangs together due to overall territorial space let alone all of them you listed.

I agree with James. I have a hard time putting a puffer in a 65, from some of the ones I have seen in the LFS, but you have pick the smaller ones. I would go with only one.
Tangs, I don't know too much about and James would be better at steering in the right direction.

I agree with James. I have a hard time putting a puffer in a 65, from some of the ones I have seen in the LFS, but you have pick the smaller ones. I would go with only one.
Tangs, I don't know too much about and James would be better at steering in the right direction.
I am going to get a Valentini Puffer but for the foxface still getting him and a yellow tang.A Valentini Puffer is a carnivore but it only gets 4 inches so could i get some shrimp and he not eat it?

You can try and I would start with cleaner shrimp since they are seen for their abilities rather than food at times, but they may heavily pick at them if not consume eventually. I have an Arothron puffer that does not eat live shrimp and only picks at snail siphons because it finds them interesting.

Back
Top Bottom