Another eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffer_king77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm look for another type of eel to put in my tank other than a snowflake eel this is the fish?? I have so far??
-dwarf lion
-porcupine puffer
-snow flake eel
And I was thinking what kind of other predator fish ??should I get also

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would not recommend any other fish in a 55 gallon tank. There aren't many choices of fish that can be housed in a 55 that will not become a snack to the lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree with sniper.. I was going to say maybe a trigger of some sort but a 55g is just to small.. Soon the porcupine will need a bigger home..

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wolf eel, but it will be too small for them. The amount of fooDS and the water quality will go south very quickly.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wolf eel, but it will be too small for them. The amount of fooDS and the water quality will go south very quickly.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

actually not.
carnivores like eels and lions can do perfectly fine with being fed once a week, so water quality would be relatively easy to manage. The challenge is in finding other tank mates that would do well on that feeding schedule, the porcupine can, a trigger would not, but a wolf eel would.

never understood people saying lions and eels are so messy and water quality is always an issue.:confused:
that is faulty logic,
regardless of how large the fish gets and what/how it eats, the hobbyist still has control over the amount of nutrients introduced to the tank and subsequent water quality.
plus the larger the meal that can be eaten, the less frequently it needs to be fed.

IMHO the real challenge is keeping smaller reef fish that eat constantly in the wild and keeping them fat and happy while still maintaining water quality, compared to that, lions and eels are easy.

Back
Top Bottom