Another Tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coexist in the same tank
IMO yes, coexist would the right word for it though. I dont think theyll be buddies. Is the powder brown already well established in your tank? Is it aggressive towards its tankmates? I dont have any experience with the powder brown, but I do have an extremely aggressive powder blue in my tank.
I recently added a sohal tang in my tank and before I could even get it out of the bag the pbt was attacking the bag. So I put the pbt in a QT for about 2 days, rearranged my rocks and now they "coexist" they just do alot of posturing when they see each other.

I removed the Sailfin and the Yellow Tang because they were attacking the new PBT. The PBT is not aggressive to any tankmates so far. Only time will tell. :)

Yeah. He seems to be happy w/o the other two tangs in there. Should i reintroduce the other two tangs back into the main tank later on? I 'm thinking maybe within a month or so. What do you guys think?

Were you looking to add a 4th tang to your 75? WOW. If you're going to put them back you should do it before the PBT becomes territorial. What are the other 2 in now? What will you do with them if you decide not to put them back into the 75?

Phyl:
I just wanted two tangs in the 75 gal. The other two tangs are temporarily in the QT. I'm taking them back to the lfs, and trade them in for a Purple tang or a Regal this weekend, not sure which one yet.

Ed Es:
Yeah. The traffic in my tank is pretty congestic during the day. I think its time for a bigger tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom