Anthias schools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. It has a few pieces of live rock and a little hang on back filter and a heater. Maybe I'll put the barletts in there because she's small and I wanna keep the ignitus together and I don't wanna put the lemon peel in there. He's kinda big and wouldn't have much room to swim. I guess at first I'll keep all five in there. And then test the water everyday for a week and see if the water levels ever get bad and then move a fish and do a water change if it does get bad.

Well my anthias arrived at the store Friday and because of being stuck at work late Friday and Saturday I went to get them today and one of girls didn't know they were ordered for me and accidentally sold one. But I still got one and he's beautiful. And she said he was already eating everything she put in the tank.

You should always always always ask them to feed it in front of you. Seems kinda rude I know but it really is the best thing to do. I always ask them and they do.

Well they are usually honest with me about if they are eating. I didn't ask about the first anthias because from what I had read I didn't think I'd have a problem most things said they were easy. I think I'm going to temporarily move the angel to the 10 gallon. He's showing a little aggression to the new anthias.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok angel is acclimating to the 10 gallon. There was nothing in there but live rock so he will be the only fish. And I will do water changes frequently. Just going to leave him in there a few days until the new anthias calms down. Then I will put him back and maybe start treatment to get them healthy for my 150. I turned the light back off on the 37 so maybe the new anthias will calm down a little faster. I turned the light off when I first acclimated then when I turned it on the angel started messing with him. I feel bad putting the angel in the 10 gallon but he's being mean and it's just a few days. I'll test the water every day that he's in there.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I'm still waiting on the new anthias to calm down. He's been hiding all day. Before I just turned the lights out I checked on him and he was breathing normal at least not fast because of being stressed. I tested my water today and nitrates and ammonia is still 0. I guess once he gets more comfortable is when I will put the angel back in and start off with prazipro for a week or two and then cupramine for probably three weeks. Nobody has shown any ich so far but you never know. The two anthias in the tank with him aren't trying to attack him or anything. When he actually comes out my other two try to swim with him. He's just too stressed right now.

This new anthias will not come out! He has been sitting in one spot for three days! Unless he comes out in the middle of the night and somehow gets right back in the exact same spot he's not moving. I can see him and see he's still breathing but isn't he going to starve? What do I have to do to get him to stop hiding? Leave the lights out for a week straight??

Ok here's an update. Original ignitus anthias ended up dying. I could never get it to eat. The other ignitus has just recently started coming out of hiding. If I put food in the tank and left the room I'd peek around the corner and see him out eating. Now he's to the point where hell come out when I'm in the room. I got another big healthy looking ignitus today and he doesn't hide and he's been getting the other ignitus to come out even more. He's already eating too. Even the barletts is spending more time with them now rather than by herself. Nobody has any ich or anything so just going to treat preventativley for two weeks then going to put them in the 150. I've got the two ignitus and a barletts and a lemon peel angel. They are going to look great in my tank. Love my three tangs but they're all brown so these guys are going to add some color.

Back
Top Bottom