any seahorse tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff2100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I've got a 500ltr tank and I wanted to get a pair of seahorese, however last time I got a pair they only lasted about a week. I think the water flow was to high! This time when setting up my tank I have installed a wave maker. does anyone have any tips or expierence of keeping seahorses and will they be ok with a wave maker?

Thanks

Branching corals such as Gorgonians! My seahorse died quick because it had nothing to hold onto in my reef aquarium!

Seahorses need very clean water, and sometimes have specialized diets.

I probably would avoid adding Seahorses to an aquarium with a wavemaker, but I don't know how strong it is. Seahorses prefer calm water without much of a current, and they need many things to grasp on to.

:)

We keep over 10 erectus in a 160g with pipefish with a few gorgonians and fake sea grass, but they prefer grasping onto live rock. I've had them stable and breeding with high flow (closed loop) even though they now remain in lower flow (single return pump). We keep them around 78F. We primarily feed them mysis and enriched live adult brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom