Are Nemo fish evil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so i found my scooter blenny dead. then a few days later my blackmouth damsel is missing in action and the clownfish seems happier than ever. Swimming all over the place and hanging out in areas he never did. my 2 snails, hermit crab and camel shrimp are untouched. My only thought is Nemo is possessed :confused:

LOL. I love my nemos so much I have two sets. And will be putting more in my new cube. I find it hard to believe one could be evil. :-D

Make me look at my babies in a different way

awww no they are so sweet and cute and funny!
Mine love feeding time and they've taken host to this shark decoration I have in there.

But, to answer your question, I've yet to see mine be aggressive.

My two pairs are all huddled asleep together right now. They haven't bothered my gramma, or blenny or goby. They are just silly goofy fish.

You may have the demon fish, ya never know!

Mine barely eats. but he's constantly swimming all over the place. Would have thought it would have built up an appetite. When i first put the blenny in he went up to it and proceeded to what looked like bite it in the head. I thought maybe it was being playful. I don't know, i mean i never caught him in the act so i'm kinda clueless about how this happened. Water conditions are perfect and everybody in the tank is, or appears to be thriving.

Damsels are pretty aggressive themselves, maybe somethings wrong with the water quality. Scooter blenny could have starved if he wasn't eating frozen foods. How big is the clownfish? and what kind of clown?

How big is the hermit crab? I've never heard of evil clowns before, well i know they are damsels and have a bit of edge to them but to kill? How big are your clowns in comparison to the others?

Mine are EVIL! They always watch to see who puts there hand in the tank next and then BAM. they dart from the other side to bite and whip your hand. and are always fighting with my flame angel. I think there demons but I still love them. nemo and Marlboro. I just wish it were easier for me to clean the glass and stuff without getting attacked, but they've never killed a fish.

Ocellaris clownfish. He's about 1 inch maybe. The hermit crab is pretty small. Nemo is the only fish in the tank. Until i added the Blenny and Damsel. But now he's the only fish in the tank again. The Blenny (the Rock), was eating everyday. So i don't know. I'm hesitant to add anymore fish

I'd hold off til I get a better handle on things. I find it hard to believe such a small fish ate or killed fish bigger than him.

I'd hold off til I get a better handle on things. I find it hard to believe such a small fish ate or killed fish bigger than him.
No, Nemo was the biggest fish. The Damsel was tiny, like half his size and the Blenny was a little smaller too :sad:

Ocellaris are the least aggressive of the clowns supposedly. How big is the tank? Maybe he is territorial. Did you notice him chasing the other fish at all?? How big is he approx? 2 inch? 3? They don't get much bigger than that. If you add more fish try to rearrange the rock work so they both feel like they are in a new tank.

Or maybe it is something else completely, evil hitchhiker crab or mantis.

People often forget that clownfish are in the same family as damsels, they can be aggressive and territorial. My perculas will pick on any fish that let's them. That being said, I don't know that they killed your blenny. If they were picking on him and he stressed then its possible, but I would look for the culprit else where. What are you water parameters and how long has the tank been established?

Clarki Clowns can be evil I found out the hard way after addiing two jewel damsels that they will lure fish to my carpet anemone for it to eat!!

I think what happened is that the scooter died due to starvation, and then the damsel might have died due to the ammonia spike.

What size tank and how much LR do you have?

Though clowns are mean and damsels I don't think this is the case this time

Edit: I see you got a 29G tank, starvation is definitely what the scooter died of

Back
Top Bottom