Attempting fresh water dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it does not cure ich, it removes the visible spots on the outside. you will still have to treat for ich after you do that

I personally have never seen a FW dip do anything but stress a fish further thus causing the fish to die from too much stress. Just never seen it work.

We shall see in a couple of days if QT works with copper treatment. Foxface had no issues with FW dip.

Is pop eye a symptom of ich or is it another issue? Quarantined with copper meds and low salinity. White spots gone, but eye still popping out.

Is pop eye a symptom of ich or is it another issue? Quarantined with copper meds and low salinity. White spots gone, but eye still popping out.

pop eye is completely different, but the stress from ich probably caused it. pop eye is a bacterial infection, caused by poor water quality

pop eye is completely different, but the stress from ich probably caused it. pop eye is a bacterial infection, caused by poor water quality

It can also be caused by an injury. Usually that's the case if only one eye is affected. But the Ich indicates something is amiss with the system or your stocking.

Agreed with all of the above. Keep treating the Ich (its not just a few day thing and is not gone just because the spots are gone) and try to maintain pristine water conditions, as pop-eye is usually poor water quality. Fresh water dips can help if the fish is covered with Ich (just to get some of it off), but it is absolutely not a cure.

How long should I treat the ich and keep him in QT? Obviously until all signs are gone, but how do I know the ich is gone and not gonna come back? Today is only day two in QT, but he already seems like a different fish; swimming and eating. Just has that nasty puffy left eye.

The puffy eye is something else. How long were they in the DT? maybe there is something up with the DT that stressed them to the point of illness?

Its a new addition. Shouldve looked him over better before I bought him. My DT is pristine.

heres a better question, whats your params on the DT? and please don't say "they are fine" or "they are perfect". actual numerical values will help.

So almost a year since I put my foxface through hyposalinity and copper treatment. Not sure which one actually helped but he's cured. Has been thriving and has shown no reoccurring symptoms.

That is great. Cool getting updates on stuff like this too. Are the other fish still doing good too?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom