Background question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimmy34275

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was thinking of putting mirrors on the back of my tank. Has anyone seen or done this? What problems may come of it? In my mind I'm thinking that it may upset the fish seeing another one and trying to fight it and hurting himself, and two the light reflection may be to much? Thoughts or experiences please!

Don't think i would do it..For all the reasons you said,,especially for the fish wanting to fight itself:lol:...some people have used foil though,,i personally don't like the look of it ,,but its not my tank

I dont think I would do it either, you listed the reasons why. I just want my tank all happy and peaceful with no stress inducing factors. :)

Most saltwater fish are territorial and aggressive and them seeing a fish they think is the same sex and size would be very stressful. I like a black background others like blue.

Personally i dont like the mirror look cus when i look at it i get stressed.. Lol jk. But I could recommend getting a cheap background (blue or black) and put a small amount of cooking oil on the side u want to see and place it on the back of the tank.. Make sure u dont get any oil in the tank though
goodluck =}

Back
Top Bottom