Beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, it's a saltwater tank. I have the tiny bubbles right now since I do not have another way to have water circulating through my tank. Like I said it's a start-up.

If you used LIVE rock to start it up, the dead matter on the rock produces ammonia to start your cycle.

Is this a saltwater tank? looks like a freshwater setup to me?

Remember my first saltwater setup carey? :D

188836_10150119898410920_645680919_6631079_5097822_n.jpg

Yes it will work. It might take a little longer to cycle than if if u use pure ammonia(what I did) though.

This is where I am as of yesterday 03/04/12:

Temperature: 78 F
pH: 8.2
Salinity: 1.024 SG
Nitrate: 5 mg/l
Nitrite: .5 mg/l
Ammonia: 2.0 mg/l

Today I tested for Ammonia and I was still at 2.0.

Doing good, you've got nitrites so thats a good thing. The ammonia will drop all by itself and so will the nitrites. :)

carey said:
Doing good, you've got nitrites so thats a good thing. The ammonia will drop all by itself and so will the nitrites. :)

I started this process on the 24th of February. Should it be further along?

It all depends on your tank. There is no way to say it should be "here" at a certain time. Although that would be awesome!

TigerBarbs said:
It all depends on your tank. There is no way to say it should be "here" at a certain time. Although that would be awesome!

What do you mean, doesn't it normally take a month or so?

Give or take. Mine cycled in 3 weeks. I used pure ammonia but 3 weeks is still unusually fast.

My Little Ocean said:
You can buy some products that speed cycle up I've cycled a tank in 2 weeks

In 10 days I'm still here:

This is where I am as of yesterday 03/04/12:

Temperature: 78 F
pH: 8.2
Salinity: 1.024 SG
Nitrate: 5 mg/l
Nitrite: .5 mg/l
Ammonia: 2.0 mg/l

Today I tested for Ammonia and I was still at 2.0.

You will get there just patience if your not adding anything to boost the bacteria, I would forget about it for a week and see what your tests are then

Idk if this is the cycle booster spike of but I bought a bottle of bio spira for my freshwater tank and when it arrived I noticed it was for saltwater. I'm trying to sell it if your interested....

Back
Top Bottom