Best lighting for a 90 gal lr only tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crshnbrn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the best lighting for a 90 gal live rock only tank. Are the power compacts or the metal halide better. And what type of wattage should i look for. Also I saw Coral Life 10,000 K Very High Output 110 Watts

Very High Output 10K Lamp

High Intensity lamp with strong emmisions in the blue spectrum simulating deeper ocean enviroment.

Ideal for all marine aquarium, reef tank and fresh water aquariums where a deep water effect is desired.

Emmision spectrum strong in the Blue and Red regions which supports the photobiological process of marinee algae and fresh water plants.

Promotes the growth of zooxanthellae algae, essential for the growth and well being of all photosynthetic corals and invertebrates.

Long Lasting: Effective for up to 10,000 hours

are these also effective?

will be live rock only for about 9 months. After that i may add some fish for the 90 i was thinking tangs, long nose butterfly maybe some angels.

thats great !! the longer ya hold out the better chance ya give worms/pods to breed ect.. with those fish ya not gonna be able to keep most sps but some softs might ok :) so if that the road your happy taking then id go with the vho 110 watt bulbs :)

Since this will be a FOWLR, lighting is a preference. I too would go with VHO just in case your FOWLR turns into something else later, as most people will tell you. :wink:

Mike

How much is that going for?

I got 4x65 PC 10k/actinics for under $300 not too long ago.

I have a 110g and it's only a couple watts/g but the coralline on my LR is growing like mad.

Back
Top Bottom