brown stuff all over my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krocky12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I got all of this brown stuff all over my rock and and bed and I was wondering what it was, how much longer of seeing it and what does it do. Thanks

sounds like a diatom bloom. Is the tank a few months old? It can last a few days or a few months. It is almost part of a cycle stage. make sure your water parameters are within the proper ranges.

Ya everything is in all of he parameters and the salinity is 1.022 and ph is 8.3 and nitrites 0 ammonia is 0 and nitrites is 5ppm

DIATOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theyre a natural part of the tanks cycle. Its from silicates in the water. Once they "eat" all of the silicates, theyll go away.

Oh ok and how long do u think this will last for and I keep moving the sand around is that ok or no

Good! Everybody has them in the beginning and they're annoying! There are rodi systems on eBay for $65.

You can also by RO water at most grocery stores it runs about .39$ a gallon.

Oh wow could I then just keep it in a big bin or what

i have a 75 gal DT and a 20 gal QT and a 10 gal sump. i go to walmart and refill 30 1 gal containers every 2.5 weeks. its almost cheaper to get the RODI but my water is so terrible i would be spending 60 a month on filters lol

Ok and do u guys think that a dwarf fuzzy lion fish would be good in a 20 gal

Back
Top Bottom