buying fish online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me personally I buy all my livestock at the LFS. I want to be able to observe the fish to see that he is healthy and disease and parasite free. I want to be able to see the fish eat. I want to see what he is eating so I know that at least he`s eating that type food. You cant see none of that if you get it from the LFS. And even though it`s cheaper online I still rather to be able to do a visual.

I've heard good stories of ordering, and horror stories.

It would be better to buy where you can see the health of the fish. That's what I do.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

i will always recommend the LFS over online. beside the visual aspect you get the support if there are any questions or problems with the fish that your not going to get from the online store.

rambler67 said:
i will always recommend the LFS over online. beside the visual aspect you get the support if there are any questions or problems with the fish that your not going to get from the online store.

You have to be careful with any advice though. Do your research before buying, but yes, lfs are good for advice.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

You have to be careful with any advice though. Do your research before buying, but yes, lfs are good for advice.

You can say that again i took advice from the guy at the LPS once and needless to say that didn't work out to good.

Yeah. That's why I added that.

I go to the LFS; I like to see the fish before purchasing. I also like to check out the condition of the tanks and my LFS has decent prices.

TBH, LFS tend to have higher prices in my area, so i have bought many things online. Never had a problem with it. If you get any livestock DOA(dead on arrival), you just take a picture of the dead animal, email the vendor you bought it from with that picture attached and they will give you store credit. Unless everything is DOA, in which case they usually send you out a new order. If it's one or two things, the store credit is a cheaper option, since they won't have to send you out two items with the expensive shipping. Then, next time you order from their site, you get to use the credit. I love ordering online because it's just easier, and if you buy from reputable online vendors, there's rarely ever any problems with their livestock.

But still, i agree that being able to see the condition of the livestock before you purchase is peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom