Call it Karma...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TroutBum23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I went yesterday and picked up 2 true percula clowns to add to my tank. Acclimated and added last night. The only other fish I have in the tank is a blue damsel.

When I put the clowns in, they stayed together and swam up and down in the corner of my 75g tight against the glass. It didn't seem normal for the clowns but I wrote it off as them being stressed by being put into a new environment...I was wondering if the blue damsel would create havoc on the new tank mates as he killed his last tank mate, another blue damsel... he stayed at the other side of the tank near his favorite rock.

So I wake up this morning to go check on them and find my blue damsel in the sand on his back not moving. I tried to steer him to swim but he was at the mercy of the current.

I think he tried to step up in the middle of the night and it looks as if the clowns put it on him. He's now gone! as soon as i took the damsel out of the tank the clowns are now swimming around like they own the place!

Is this common? My LFS said the damsel might bully the clowns but I did't see that coming

water parameters: Am 0, NO2 0, NO3 20ppm, PH- 8.0, Saliity .023

Yes, clowns will do that but I have to tell you that the damsel could possibly be an issue later on when adding other fish. They are really territorial and they pick on other fish. I never could catch mine when I had my larger tank so when I put my lion fish in I just let nature take its course and it did!

Back
Top Bottom