Can you trust this ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
austinsdad said:
Never used one. What stage is your tank in. Cycling or something? Just wonderin' why you think you might need it.

Yeah, i am cycling. But i wasn't going to get that now, but just figured if it really works, it would be a great thing to have it on the tank at all times.

There was just a post about those. From what I read, they are good for the cycle or curing LR, but other than that, not much use. Not to mention, there are no numbers, so you really don't know what range you have. But that's just my observation, by looking at the pic...

I don't know if it really is that accurate. I have definitely heard of the company before, Seachem, but at the same time I have never seen that product before. Personally, I would just save the $15 and use that money towards a good water test kit that would test for all the parameters, not just Ammonia.

Not really needed, IMHO. If you are concerned with NH3 in your water there are major issues with your tank and will want to know exact levels and follow them closely. After a proper cycle NH3 should not be a concern. I honestly can not remember the lst time I tested my established tanks for NH3. It may have some use in cycling tanks or curing LR, but then it is just telling you what you already know...the is NH3 in the water. That should already be expected. IMO...don't waste your money.

I agree save your money for something else needed in your tank. That is half the price of a good test kit.

Back
Top Bottom