cheato disappearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recently bought some cheato and put in each side of my tank. It seems like one of the sides is slowly disappearing. Could it be sinkning under the sand bed? Could one of my fish be snacking on it? please help

I have recently bought some cheato and put in each side of my tank. It seems like one of the sides is slowly disappearing. Could it be sinkning under the sand bed? Could one of my fish be snacking on it? please help

Its probably withering away since it needs some light to survive. Is it under any direct white light?

I dont know of anything that eats it...
Matt

50/50 doesnt tell us anything. There is a big difference between a PC 50/50 bulb and a MH 50/50 bulb. Need to know what type lighting and how many watts bulbs.

coralife 40 watt 360 output 50% actinic blue 50% natural daylight 6000k the box also says 1 1/2" dia. t12 fluorescent

coralife 40 watt 360 output 50% actinic blue 50% natural daylight 6000k the box also says 1 1/2" dia. t12 fluorescent

Ahh...This bulb likely isnt giving the chaeto enough light. How far away is the bulb from the chaeto? You need to get a little basket of some sort to hang in the tank and use one of those CFL bulbs to illuminate it.

Matt

it was behind my lr and now i moved it directly under the light. now it isnt in a dark corner.

i found my problem.... my foxface was ripping peices off and they were floating and getting stuck on my powerheads. now i have it in a clear container with holes so water can pass through. ill see if this helps any. and where can i get a cfl bulb?

Back
Top Bottom