Chef's Choice for Mr. Dog Face Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralAnn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I live in the suburbs of Little Rock, Arkansas
Need help finding out what array of fresh/frozen things (lol) to feed my puppy fish. I've been feeding him freeze dried krill...in fact, I can show it to him and he will "play fetch" and hog it down in one bite. He's about 6 inches long so I need something more to feed him. It's like feeding my child a cheerio ya know?!?!?! I don't think he's satisfied because two or three hours later....he's swimming up to the front of the tank with that "look" in his eye. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated because I'll go get the food today!!!

Table shrimp , fresh clams, mussels , frozen Krill , fresh scallops , mysis are good foods for puffers . Just do not feed him fish . Also give him some hermits and snails to eat .

Hondatek said:
Table shrimp , fresh clams, mussels , frozen Krill , fresh scallops , mysis are good foods for puffers . Just do not feed him fish . Also give him some hermits and snails to eat .

Can I feed him shrimp in the shell??? And should it be cooked (don't laugh) or left raw???

BTW...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

No only raw foods. And yes leave the shell on it will help with his beak trimming . Not as much as snails and hermits but it helps

Hondatek said:
No only raw foods. And yes leave the shell on it will help with his beak trimming . Not as much as snails and hermits but it helps

GREAT!!! Thank you so much for the info!!! I should've researched this before I bought him but I was just drawn to him=impulse buy!!! He's doing great but now he will be doing even better thanks to you!!! I've got some raw frozen shrimp (in shell) that my dad is bringing me. Puppy fish is gonna be so happy!!! Thanks again!!! :)

No problem . Just be sure to limit his food and not give into his begging. It's very easy to over feed a puffer . That is the main cause of fatty liver disease and early death. You want his belly slightly round after feedings and he should still be active after he eats. If you feed you will know by the way he acts .

Back
Top Bottom