Cherub Angle Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have just been looking on live aquaria and seen these, they are beautiful fish so i was just wondering are they difficult to look after would they be ok in a 35 gallon?

Well, the page on which you saw this fish has a recommended size of 55. This might seem a bit excessive, but fish size isn't the only factor in determining tank size. Behavior is a major factor.
I have no doubt that many people will say its fine, but I tend to take the more cautious approach with tank size recommendations.

Yeah was just because I know live aquaria had all the dwarf angles at 30 gallons until recently and as it only grows to 3 inches was just wondering what experience people had had with them. Thanks or your input though

My guess is that any changes to the tank size recommendations was based on either new information or experience showed that the original sizes may have been too small.
55 seems a bit much to me, but I tend to err on the side of caution with this sort of thing. Maybe someone who has actually kept one can chime in here?

Yeah hopefully I'm thinking it should be fine as flames and corals beautys are bigger and fine in those but hoping for someone who has one

35 is plenty for a Cherub. They're small and they stay small. Great fish. Big Angel in a small body. Cute, playful. and hardy. Good centerpiece for a tank.

I'm still waiting for mine and I have a 28g nano. From my understanding they are okay in this size tank and I think the amount of fish in the tank plays a roll as well. I have 2-clowns, 1-royal gamma, 1-YWG pistol combo. The last will be the cherub angel as it is the most aggressive out of the bunch. I have heard they are great little fish and they are beautiful as well.

Are they difficult to feed? anyone kept them with corals anything worth knowing about them before considering them to buy?

Mine has never bothered any of my corals in my 28g cube. I have a mix of zoas, mushrooms, LPS, and SPS.

Also, they'll eat anything you throw in there. Mine eats Rod's, pellets, and frozen mysis. He's also been known to take a bite of nori every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom