chocolate chip star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might want to check your water quality..unless there is something wrong with the starfish,
they usually have no problem staying put where they want to.

I have one, and it shows no interest in feeding, but I have had it for about 2 months and it looks heathly as can be, but doesnt touch shrimp or anything else I leave on the bottom next to it.

I encircled it with pea sized peic of shirmp, and watched it crawl right over them.

How should I feed it? Of course I dont want to foul my water so when I do feed it, I watch to see if it eats. I dont want to leave uneaten food in the tank.

I checked my salt levels and they were a little high, I admit i haven't been a good tank mom because i broke my dominant hand and had to stay with family. Took care of it today so hopefully he will be better tomorrow. The other star seems fine.
seedemtails,
I only feed my stars when they come to the top of the tank and bend an arm back. I then place a thawed krill on it's tentacles and make sure he gets ahold of it or the shrimp will steal it.

Back
Top Bottom