Chromis ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefChum518

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I added 4 chromis a week ago today, they seem to be doing great, however today I notice that one of them is not leaving some of the rock, when it does it quickly leaves and the returns ( my rock has cave like voids with in it).

Is it protecting something, or just claiming his spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I added 4 chromis a week ago today, they seem to be doing great, however today I notice that one of them is not leaving some of the rock, when it does it quickly leaves and the returns ( my rock has cave like voids with in it).

Is it protecting something, or just claiming his spot?

More than likely a comfort zone. It takes a while for them to warm up. My Flame Angel did the same thing for 2 weeks. Once he got accustomed to being fed and basically knew that there was no attempt to capture him again, he warmed up and started comfortably eating and swimming around the whole tank. Roughly 6 weeks later, he now eats out of my hand.

I have been having a hard time getting my chromis to eat. I got 4 blue/green chromis this past Friday. They don't seem to like the flake food that I have or they just nibble at the LRS frozen that I feed everything else.

My chromis did fine with eating, I also don't skimp out on the food, it's just me but I see the more expensive is better quality but that's just me. So I give mine a combo of flakes and brine.

How did you acclimate them? That could have something to do with it?

I floated the bag for 20 minutes, then transferred the fish into a 5 gallon bucket with the LFS water and about a gallon of my water and let them swim for about 30 minutes then put them in the tank. Things are still pretty new for them. They eat, just not very much.

Back
Top Bottom