Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmann

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 180g and a vortek mp40.

Where would you place the vortek? I have it
On the far right side about half way Down the tank in the middle of the glass. What's
The best placement

Best placement is hard to tell. It will depend on what you have where in your tank such as equipment and decorations.

When setting up my 125gal, I put an airstone in my return line before the return pump (because microbubbles show better), turn it on briefly, then check the bubble flow pattern to make sure I didn't have any dead spots in circulation. If so, adjust the direction/location of circulation pumps and try again.

Best placement is hard to tell. It will depend on what you have where in your tank such as equipment and decorations.

When setting up my 125gal, I put an airstone in my return line before the return pump (because microbubbles show better), turn it on briefly, then check the bubble flow pattern to make sure I didn't have any dead spots in circulation. If so, adjust the direction/location of circulation pumps and try again.

Nice, thanks for the tip

One thing I wasn't clear about in my post...

Make sure you briefly open the air valve THEN CLOSE IT.
You want just a small burst of bubbles to watch your flow pattern.

Back
Top Bottom