Clean-up Crews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I plan to get a 75 gallon FOWLR tank.The stock list is this:

x1 sixline wrasse
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 yellowhead jawfish
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel
x1 longnose hawkfish

Can I have a clean-up crew consisting of:

x2 emerald crabs
x8 electric blue legged hermit crabs
x2 turbo snails

Is this a good clean-up crew?Other ideas welcomed! :D:p;)

Personally, i would skip the hermits and even the emerald crabs and go for some Cerith, Nessarius, and Bumblebee snails, as well as the Turbo snails.

Aaahhh ok,ok but could I keep the emerald crabs pretty fond of those guys.I'll go with the bumblebee snails(how many?), and the turbos is that good?

Some nassarius snails they are good for stirring sand and eating leftover food.

Oh ok thanks a lot so then it should look like this:

x3 emerald crabs
x5 bumblebee snails
x2 turbo snails
x4 nassarius snails

That would be a good start for a 30g tank. you can always add more later.

They also have a Black Friday sale. Found this on a couple of sites to bad John doesn't have many macro algaes right now.

Sale starts at 12:01AM Friday morning. (Well it will probably start before I fall asleep on Turkey Day to be honest - )

Livestock and macros:
25% off at our store, using the discount code "blackfriday"

Florida Base Rock: exceptional quality, $2 a pound SHIPPED. 50lb boxes at your door for $100. Buying someone a new tank for Christmas? Get the rock.

Food: 1 free jar of food with each purchase over $20, just leave a note "send me food" or something like that in the comments field.

Sorry, but:

No retroactive sales.
No rainchecks.
No holding for shipment later than next week - EXCEPT- if you want a rock order shipped later to arrive near Christmas.
The sale absolutely ends at 11:59pm of Black Friday. EST.

Could it be possible to have a yellow tang in there and take out the long-nose hawkfish?Like this:

x1 sixline wrasse
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 yellowhead jawfish
x1 flame angel
x1 yellow tang

In a 75g you could do that list. Just don't add all of them at once or as your tank would not be able to handle a bioload of that many fish. Add a couple one week then another couple and so on until you have all in there.

I was thinking something like that but it's probably not going to be equal distance between getting fishes because I only get 20$ allowance a week for chores,etc.

slow is good, your taking the right approach to this with all the research. You will enjoy your tank so much more than those that rush.

Back
Top Bottom