Clown fish always begging for food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

euro_Boy_To

Aquarium Advice Regular
My clownfish at first was sitting on the bottom, seemed depressed and his top fin was down. He barely ate any flake food and really started to like Brine Shrimp.

In a few days his top fin went up an became really hyper during feeding. Now he is always at the top of the tank sticking his head out of the water waiting to be fed. He pretty much never goes down from there.

How can I get him to stop waiting for food all the time? Also, he won't eat any flake food.. Is there anything I can dip the flake food in to make him eat it? I got the good Sera flake food, he eats one or two and the third one spits out.

Mine did that. In fact most of my fish will crowd the corner of the tank when I go over to it. Don't give in to temptation, overfeeding can cause problems w/the fish.

I soaked my flakes in garlic once, but can't remember if it made the flakes mushy or not.

When I soak my frozen, I mix everything up and let it soak from 30minutes to a couple of hours.

Ok soaking in brine shrimp works!

But he's becoming very bad, like Im not feeding him enough?

How often should I feed him? Every day, twice a day? twice a week?

When I vacuumed the gravel today he bit my hand a whole bunch times, pretty hard!! I think he was defending his territory?

You should feed every other day. I would not reccomend it unless I did it myself. Been doing it for 8 yrs now. And by the way 5 of my fish have been with me those 8 yrs. My yellow tang and Kole tang and 4 striper and both my clowns. So you can see that it wont hurt them.

Sounds good.. maybe he won't go so crazy always expecting food. I was feeding him little bits twice a day..

Back
Top Bottom