Clown fish and Gobys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rluix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, having a saltwater tank was my dream since i was 5, i simply loved the colours they had.
After thinking hard about it, i decided to do a 10 Gallon Nano Tank, yes i know, i should get a bigger tank, i actually have a 35 gallon, but its in use ATM by angel fish, and other Nice freshwater fish.
I Bought a bucket of salt, a small skimmer, dechlorinator, and other essencial things to the tank.
Right now its a FLOWR tank, with about 2/3 pounds of cured live rock.
I waited a month before buying my fish, and 5 days ago i bought a Oceallaris Clown fish, wich i feed krill, and freeze foods sush as brine shrimp ( he loves them ). I really like him, and i wanted to buy him a tank mate, a small fish that could live happily with a clown fish in sush a small tank. I saw in the store , some tiny but very beautifull Gobys, they had Deep blue lines along their body and the rest was black.
So my question is: Can i buy this Goby? I mean, will he live along well with the clown fish? I don't want to over stock it.

Thank you!

Clown fish are normally very sweet, but if they are in a small tank and you add another clown or other fish, they do get a bit terretorial. I added a flame angel to a 44g after having my clown in the tank for 3 years and he actually went after the flame angel - even though the flame could take him in a fight. So, 10 gallons is really too small to keep adding to. If it was a mated pair, that may have been fine. If you add another fish, make sure it is small and probably not a clown.:band:

Clown fish are normally very sweet, but if they are in a small tank and you add another clown or other fish, they do get a bit terretorial. I added a flame angel to a 44g after having my clown in the tank for 3 years and he actually went after the flame angel - even though the flame could take him in a fight. So, 10 gallons is really too small to keep adding to. If it was a mated pair, that may have been fine. If you add another fish, make sure it is small and probably not a clown.:band:
Is the Neon Blue Goby small enought?

You did read the article the captain gave you right?

Minimum Tank Size: 10 gallons

Back
Top Bottom