Clown health question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeYQM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive had a clown for over a month now in a cycled 30gal tank. He seemed fine this am, swimming & ate. This afternoon, he has slowed down noticeably and appears to have rapid breathing. He has a bit of poop 1/4 in or a bit longer hanging out also. It's not white or stringy, but he hasn't, excuse the term, pinched it off. It's been there for about an hr.

Checked everything in water and all is well within range, Trates are around 10. Lots of filtration and decent water movement. My other clown seems fine.

Any ideas?

Update, the feces have become white & stringy. His breathing seems to have slowed some after I turned off the white lights - only blues running now.

I did some tank maintenance this morning, could this be stress from that? As I said he was eating fine & highly active up to this afternoon. This came on quite sudden.

Seems a bit better still, hasn't eaten this am but did swim with interest towards the flake food. The female is chasing him with a new ferocity today, but not making actual contact from what I can see. I'll post updates when available.

Back
Top Bottom