Clown tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 30 gallon tank with just a black and white perc and a true perc. What other tank mates would be friendly towards them I had two blue tail damsels but got rid of them because they where to mean

alot of other species do good with clowns. I have a foxface and a yellow tang. I am also planning to stock with 3 green chromis and a 6 line wrasse. Gobies are also good tank mates.

I was also thinking about gobies or a yellow tang im not sure i like a little bit more of a bigger fish but don't want them to stress in a 30 gallon planning on getting a 60 gallon in the next couple months

Pretty much all peaceful fish and semi-aggressive get along. Go on liveaquaria.com for quick stats and info. Research the fish you want before getting it! Damsels can be very territorial and aggressive like you said.

Gobies would work fine, but a yellow tang sadly wouldn't. They grow too large to be in anything less than bare minimum 90 or 125. Many hobbyists say that a 6 foot tank is the minimum for any tang except for the tomini and bristletooth tang. There are lots of fish besides tangs though!

A firefish would work well. They are very docile so it would be best to add that next if you were getting one. Goby and possibly some type of blenny would be cool too. IMO you shouldn't get a fish that will outgrow your system until you actually get the upgrade.

Yes, this will be debated on and on about the size of a tank for tangs. Liveaquaria and reefs2go showed 50g minimum for the yellow tang which is the only reason why I got it. hes happy and md size swimming around and is great.

In my 30 I have a clown, orange striped cardinal, jawfish (super cute), Firefish, half black angel, chalk bass (nice blue coloration). I might still have a green citron clown goby too, but not sure cuz I haven't seem him in over a week. They all get along swimmingly. :D

Back
Top Bottom