clownfish/panther grouper in same tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i have a panther grouper and i was wondering if it would be possible to have a mated pair of percula or tomato clownfish in the tank with the grouper. i already have a bubble tip/, blue, and green carpet anenome. is it possible that they would take host to one of these anenomes. and will they be protected from the grouper? thanks

Those grouper get huge, the clowns will be a meal for it in no time.

While they get huge, it's not uncommon for fish that 'grow up' together to leave each other alone. Not that this will happen 100% of the time, but I've seen may Lionfish stuffed into tanks with clowns, grammas, etc.

Ya, let the grouper get just a little hungry and he'll turn to the clowns for a quick meal. DragonForce is not kidding when he/she says 'huge'. I'll tell you from experience, that is 'Huge' Damn Quickly. I've never seen fish grow that rapidly in my life. They don't get sentimental, so when it eats your clown, please don't be suprised.

ya not the perc's but mabey one of the bigger type of clowns,panthers are not near as aggressive as other types of groupers so unless the grouper is over 12" i wouldnt worrie about a grown clownfish getting eatin.

i think you will be good as long as you get two massive clownfish. To big to fit in the groupers mouth. Tomato Clown get huge.

Back
Top Bottom