clownfish stays in one spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just bought a golden striped maroon clownfish and he was moving around all day yesterday when i got him and he even ate to as soon as i got him home, well today i came home and hes swimming in one spot and will not move from that one spot i checked the ammonia and it was a little high so i did about a 10% water change and the ammonia dropped back down to 0 but the clownfish still isnt moving around, could this be because of the shock from the ammonia and because hes new to the tank i just want to make sure i did everything in my power to make sure hes ok considering he was a pretty pricy fish.

My clown does that. I think they are just silly fish. Some days he's all over the tank and others he's in one spot. Some days he stays in one spot and just kinda swims and bobs up and down

what was the ammonia? It should always be at zero.

I know it usually isn't it was in-between .25-.50 and then I did a water change and it went back to 0

now hes just hovering at the top of the tank swimming in place he looks like hes breathing heavy a little bit but not to bad and all my water levels are perfect is this still normal behavior for a clown

My two clowns always hang out near the top of the tank that is just there spot. The breathing heavy thing though could nothing but poor water conditions can cause ut as well. That is weird that ten percent water change would make that big of a difference.

Yeah, my Percula Clownfish in my 29G always hovers in the back corner when the lights go out. No heavy breathing...they're just goofy fish :p

Mine did that for the first week.... Don't worry dont flush him yet.... he sleeps floating on the top of the tank and then when the light turns on he wakes up and swims around. It's wierd

MIne did the same thing when I first got him. Then a week later I got him a friend. Took them a little while to venture into the reef, but now they swim everywhere along the reef. JUst give him time to come out of his shell, or get him a friend! Good luck!

i hope he will be more active lol then just swimming in place but alright thanks guys appreciate the help! ill just have to see what happens

Back
Top Bottom