Clowns and Twitching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright I want to know a little bit about why my clowns always twitch at the same time? Are they marking there territory? Are they stretching? maybe I should just by that book on clowns? But then that would defeat the purpose of asking my question???:confused:....LOL...:D

Typically it's the less dominant male acknowledging her dominance. Both twitching could be just some of the whacky fun behavior of clown fish or at the opposite end of the spectrum a sign of a parasitic disease.

How long have they been together? Same size?

Clowns twitching is normal . This is also done while they determine sexs , the male is usually the one to twitch ..
They are getting their freak on . It is a submission thing where the male submits to the female , it can also be followed with the female nipping the males fins it is totally normal to see this :)

Typically it's the less dominant male acknowledging her dominance. Both twitching could be just some of the whacky fun behavior of clown fish or at the opposite end of the spectrum a sign of a parasitic disease.

How long have they been together? Same size?

They been together for about 4 months and one is larger than the other. by maybe an inch or less

It almost sounds like normal clown behavior to me. If you see white specks or scratching on the rocks then you need to worry.

I see a lot of scratching on the sand but they been doing that for months now. And kicking sand with there tails.

Back
Top Bottom