Clown's didn't eat today...Weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
So usually my clowns go banana sandwhich when i feed them, however today they did not. They have both been in the corner with about 10 other hermits. Still active, swimming up and down the corner, but they did not go after the food. They ate one or two flakes of the Instant Ocean Marine Chips, but thats it. Water parameters were:

PH - 8.2
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0 (maybe 5.0, its close)
Salinity - 1.022

Are fish sometimes just not hungry?

Some other basic info:

Tank consists of 2 clowns, 20 hermits, 4 peppermint shrimp, and a newly added Scooter Blenny

I dont know. Clowns are usually the biggest pigs in the tank. It might bear watching them close.

Are they paired up? Search closely, you may have eggs. My clowns when they lay will skip eating unless I put pellets down right where they are. I think it's their instinct to not, under any circumstances, leave the eggs unattended.

Are they paired up? Search closely, you may have eggs. My clowns when they lay will skip eating unless I put pellets down right where they are. I think it's their instinct to not, under any circumstances, leave the eggs unattended.

Well, they aren't next to eachother persay....but they are staying close. And now that you mention it, when i woke up this morning, they were doing something very strange. They were rolling around at the top of the tank next to the waters surface... I thought they could have just getting into a scuffle, so I broke them up. Could they really have been mating??? I've only had the aquarium set up for about two months, and they have only been in there for maybe a 2-3 weeks of that. They are both tiny too, I dont know how old a clown has to be spawn, but man that would be crazy...

Back
Top Bottom