Conch help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a conch yesterday to help stir my sand. After acclimating it I placed it I my tank and it moved from one side of the tank to the other and then buried itself almost completely under the sand. This was at about 2pm yesterday, when I checked on it before work this morning it was still in the same spot. Is this normal? And if so about how long should it take for it I get more used to my tank?

image-2131274405.jpg

Sorry for the glare but that's him almost completely buried.

Mine both burried themselves one time for about 2 weeks. I thought they were both dead. Then they were suddenly active again. Watch for a clean patch around where they bury themselves as they will feed just by sticking their tube mouths out and eating diatoms.

They're so cool. I almost bought one today and will probably go back to get one.

They have tons of personality. I had one before and it's so wierd looking at a snail that seems to be looking back at you with the same curiosity.

I bet he's ok. Is it possible for you to see looking up from underneath the tank?

Both of mine bury themselves sometimes for weeks at a time. They are always watching tho! Nothing to worry about I think...

Attachments

• image-320096034.jpg
    image-320096034.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom