continuedfrom"clown'n anemone"and"clown breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluefishyjoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My other posts were getting long and confusing, so i am going to continue the posts here.

Today i came home and noticed some strange activity in my tank.
ill start with my fish.
i looked into the tank and noticed that my fish were acting strange, they were doing what looked sort of like dancing. one fish would perpindicularly swim at the other fish, then get close without touching, and then start shaking, then they woud switch places and the other fish would do the same. I am positive that it was not fighting because i know my fish well and when they're fight you can tell. also as usual the clowns stuck together rarely straying from each other, (the two are inseperable!!)

i am not sure what this strange activity is, i will give you the specs on my fish to help tou in your thoughts:

they are around 14 months old,
I am pretty sure that i have one boy and one girl (size differences)
they were both added to the tank at nearly the same time,
they are the only fish in the tank.

Please share your thoughts

Now for my anemone that also expressed some strange activity

I got this anemone about a week ago for my clowns , it is a lta
I am pretty sure that it hosts because i listen to my local expert (LFS owner)
It has settled, buried its base, and in less than a week it seems to be thriving.

My clowns have been very cautious about going near the anemone.
Theyve been doing the usual thing where they get little by little closer to a new object in the tank,
Today when i walked in, other than their strange behavior, i noticed that the fish were closer than before to the anemone, but had one other small difference,
this time instead of the clowns rejecting the anemone, the clowns were close to the anemone and the anemone was closed up and had its tentacles squeezed together as if it was rejecting the clowns,
i can assure you though that the anemone was fine because when the fish swam to the other side of the tank it opened back up, and it has normal tentacle length and good coloring.
what could be up with this, please leave your thoughts.

This is all normal behaviour. The anemone will get used to the clowns and stay open after a time.

but does that mean that my fish will go in the anemone,

also everyone please leave your thoughts about my other question

I think if ur clowns are checking out the anemone, they will host soon. Good luck dude. I wish mine would host already... lol

I think t meant, there is a possibility, they might not host. Or they won't go in when it is closed. Sometimes, they just don't. Can you find out exactly what kind of LTA it is?

When I said grazing I meant have your clowns swam up to the anemone and touched it at all?

Back
Top Bottom