Copepods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaileykari

Aquarium Advice Regular
I received Copepods in the mail today, to feed my dragonette. They are in a plastic bag. How can I store them to keep them alive? I have two bags of 500 pods.

500 pods is barely going to feed the mandarin for a couple days. if you have a refugium i would dump one bag down there and one in the DT. otherwise you can put the remaining in the fridge.

Wow! That's a lot to eat. I have been feeding him frozen brine shrimp a couple times a day. He is a good eater. My LFS should be getting some pods in next week. It's really hard to find them, unless through the mail. Then it is expensive. I don't have a refugium. Its a 20 gallon tank.

well, if he's eating frozen brine, try to get him to eat frozen mysis. then you don't need the live pods at all.

I feed my mandarin. Emerald entree frozen he likes as well as arcti-pods and live brine. He is doing great and his colors look amazing. I had trouble finding pods too. I love my mandarin so much I just bought a teeny spotted mandarin today.

And arcti-pods says add one teaspoon per day for every 100 gallons. So it'll save you lots in the long run if u have a smaller tank like me. I have a 40 gallon so I feed them every other day

This thread is going on in two places. I just answered on the other thread. LOL

How big is this tank that you put 2 mandarins in?

The pods are 3000 microns. They seem fine and healthy. Try them yourself. They're made by reef nutrition.

fine and healthy and the size of the pods isn't what i'm talking about. i'm telling you that an average mandarin can eat a spoon full of pods in an hour.

Well yea I knew that. Well mine don't seem to have a problem with it. But mine also eat emerald entree and live brine shrimp as well

For the 1000 pods and shipping it cost me $53.00. Wouldn't want to pay that every few days. But it's funny, my dragonett wants nothing to do with them. I put in 500 of them, and my clown and six line went crazy for them. My little dragonet seemed afraid of them, and I had to feed him more brine shrimp. I just want the cute little guy to have enough to eat!

Go to reefs2go.com next time for your pods. They get 1000 for 37.99 but right now it's buy one get one so u get 2k for 37.99. That might help get u started

Back
Top Bottom