Copper Whitespot Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all. I've just raised my salinity back up to around 0.017 in my FOWLR and starting to see white spot again. I've had them in hypo for about 3 months and they are and have been more healthy than any other fish of their kind I've ever seen. I was almost tempted to leave them in hypo but from what I understand this isn't the best thing to do.

So..... I am considering trying a copper medication. This would have to be done in the display tank with the love rock as I have no other way around it. What are the effect on live rock when treating with a copper med?

I'm also considering parting with my powder blue tang as he is very aggressive towards new tank mates and are clearly white spot magnets. Uncertain what to do here as all I want is a decent FOWLR with angels and other beautiful fish.

What size tank is it? The copper will kill your beneficial bacteria from my understanding and it will leach from your liverock if you leave that in there to and kill bacteria in any further liverock you add. It will also kill any inverts coral you have/ wish to add. Might have tried it but turning temp up on my tank really helped. Also I'd get your tank back from hypo IMO hypo will stress the fish and a lot of what causes ich is stress leading to a weaker immune system

Back
Top Bottom