Coralline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serafin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Gets guys I've had my tank running now for almost a year and use 3/4 base rock to 1/4 live rock. All seemed to be going well after around 6 months Coralline algae had started spread nice across most of the rock. Just recently it seems that its reducing slightly, is this something that happens or something that I should be worried about. Btw all the fish are doing fine and all water levels are good.

Gets guys I've had my tank running now for almost a year and use 3/4 base rock to 1/4 live rock. All seemed to be going well after around 6 months Coralline algae had started spread nice across most of the rock. Just recently it seems that its reducing slightly, is this something that happens or something that I should be worried about. Btw all the fish are doing fine and all water levels are good.

Bought your lights/fixture/bulbs new?? My guess would be time to replace bulbs. Or did you adjust your lighting schedule. Or maybe you should evaluate your possible calcium/mag levels. Like did you change your PWC schedule which would affect mineral levels or change water sources or salt brands? There's a product called Purple Up to promote Coralline growth. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom