Coralline Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on your lighting and your water parameters. Higher calcium content along with the correct Alk and Mag levels will lend to coraline growth. When the conditions are right it will seemingly grow and cover everything over night.

Yeah.... I had a growth spert and the it just stopped.... I know it has something to do with Tap Water.... Still waiting to get my RO/DI system hopefully soon......

Well i just checked my Calcium is at 440 my Alk i don't have a test for that yet...

Yeah i've been meaning to get both of them and a new nitrate test as well API testing suxs...

Well, API does have a decent test kit but not for the other tests..IMO.

For best growth of coral or coraline you have to have the proper balance of CA, Alk and Mag. Water flow and lighting are important as well.

Definately get that RO/DI unit! Having pure water as your source will help a ton in the long run. I have found doing regular PWCs (every other week) that I get maximum growth from my corals. I've also come to the point where I have to supplement my CA becuase of the number of SPS corals I have in my system.

Back
Top Bottom