Corals during the night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to corals, all my corals are do great at this time, have had them about a month now
What I did notice and find odd is when the lights are off some of them like the bubble coral or the open brain tend to look like a decaying dead plant
when the lights come on shortly after the look perfect in every way, I almost thought they were dead ,again im new to corals so I just thought that was kind of weird, in fact the only thing that tends to stay open 24 / 7 is my flower potts
My button polypes-other polypes-brain and pagoda cup coral all tend to close, the bubble is weird, sometimes it closes someimes it stays open when lights are off
Its a little scary when your new to corals, I find my self always looking and checking on them

Well im learning ,boy did I panic when I saw that, I said to my wife I don't know what happened, they all died ,they all looked great 10 minutes ago before the lights went off, turned the lights back on when she came to see what I was talking about they all came back to life, thats when the light when on in my brain and I figured out must be because the light / sun went down

the aquarium at night is a very cool place. Some corals are nocturnal feeders. After lights out they will extend long sweeper tenticals to capture food.

Back
Top Bottom