CPR Bak Pak 2 Protien Skimmer ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am running this filter along with a Skilter 250(modified with air pump and bioballs) and a Magnum 350 for filtration on my 75g FOWLR setup. I have had the CPR since November. Usually I would get 1/2-3/4 full skimmer cup in a weeks time, but over the past month I have noticed that I only get a little bit in the in the CPR and the skilter. Is this normal? The tank is almost exactly 6 months old.

The only thing that has changed is that I went to an automatic feeder for flake and pellet food and overall I am feeding a lot less to help keep my nitrates in check.

Otherwise, both filters seem to be running normally and produce good bubble flow in the chambers.

Is it possible that the tank is just more established now and not producing as much?

No change in water specs and everything reads well within tolerance.

Oh, I have added a shrimp and doubled my snail/crab population.

Is this normal or something to be concerned with?

Is it possible that the tank is just more established now and not producing as much?

Yes, but it is also possible that the venturi tubes need to be cleaned. It may look like it's producing plenty of bubbles...but it might be considerably less.

Thanks, I will check the tube out on the CPR tonight. The skilter has been modified and is running off an air pump.

Have you changed the wooden airston? If your using a plastic air diffuser (the wooden ones are better imo) have you cleaned it?

I am using a wooden diffuser and I it still looks good. I did change it out once. Also just cleaned the V.tube on CPR. One thing I noticed when I took the Skilter apart is there was some green sludge build up at the top of the chamber and I noticed the same thing with the collection cup on the CPR when I cleaned it last night. I cleaned both of these real well. I am thinking that debris may have been collecting here and just not making it into the collection cups. I am not going to worry to much as long as the water readings continue to come out O.K.

Thanks,

May have found the problem. On the CPR one of the air line tubes that feeds into the pump was a little loose and a small stream of bubbles was coming from it.

Put it back in place, we will see if that changes output.

Back
Top Bottom