Cupramine / Ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank has been being treated for just over two weeks using cupramine. There are no visible signs of ich but my hippo & dot dash are still scratching against the live rock on occasion.

Is this because there is still ich present? Or is it because the tank hasn't had carbon in it for over two weeks?

I'm itching to get the carbon back into my canister but I don't want to rush it if the ich isn't completely gone.

Opinions??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just went through an Ich outbreak as well. According to the Marine Biologist I spoke with at the National Aquarium in Baltimore he said that once you reach .050 ppm of copper you keep it there for 21 days. Keep a close eye on your copper level because everything in your tank will absorb the copper so you will have to continue to add copper. I also used Cupramine. After the 21 days use Cuprisorb to remove the copper. GL

Are you treating in your display? What size tank? I would continue to medicate for the full 6 weeks just to be sure...

Back
Top Bottom