cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
im into the 17th day in my sw tank and myammonia isn't high but my nitrites are and the nitrates are getting worse.ive changed the water a few times and used prime.i have two fish in there and hope they are alright.from what ive been reading when cycling nitrites will go down while the nitrates will go up and eventually level off when the cycle is done

You are correct but for the sake of your fish I would water change to try and bring the nitrites down some. They are extremely toxic.

Caleb

Your cycling isn't done yet, just be patient and wait.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the fish are in another tank now and I checked ammonia is high for the first time and nitrites and nitrates are climbing also.being I have no fish in there will I continue to cycle.if I just let it do its thing without doing anything will it eventually level off

2.0 on the ammonia and the fish are in a cycled tank

i just checked my ammonia and its at 8.0 so I guess its doing its thing.i have to more in a few months so im gonna have to go at it again but this time I willkeep my decorations ans sand and bio wheel wet so I cycle fast

Back
Top Bottom