Damsels and Clowns ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 16g and have in it right now 2 damsels one yellowtail and a four striped. I'm looking into getting two ocellaris clownfish and wondering if they would go together well. Manly got the damsels to test out my tank after my fish less cycle, they seem happy and are doing great and eating fine. If they are not good with the clowns what would u recommend with them thanks and any advice is great.

IME Damsels can be kind of bullies. Also technically Clowns are Damsels. I personally would just get rid of the Damsels and pick up the Clowns. Way more entertaining and get along with just about anything.

i had damsels with my clowns and the clowns were the only ones they didnt bother.i have had 5 different kinds of damsels and they bullied all my fish and stressed them out till they died.i will never own a damsel again.

Sooo....

what would be good with a pair of clowns, and should i get another pair of something small so the clowns don't hassle if there is only one other fish

ive had six line wrasses,yellow watchman gobys,lawnmower blennys,flamming angels.the clowns never bothered any fish.they just hung around each other.great fish

I really wouldn't get more than two clowns in a 16 gallon. They get to about three inches. I would say that's pretty stocked.

Back
Top Bottom